12.18.2009

untitled ballad, <3

hours seemed to pass us by as we stood there embracing one another.
all the while, memories so vividly replayed in my head;
memories that would remain just that, memories of you & i.
because once you reluctantly let go
& looked into my eyes,
reality began to set in.
at that moment, i knew that somehow i had managed
to let you slip away back into her arms.
i fought so hard to keep back the tears
that i could feel forming in the ducts of my eyes;
& although you could see the intense emotions swelling within me,
you turned your back on me,
& strolled back into her life without even glancing back.
from my perspective, life seems as if it's so much easier with her;
& how you've managed to portray this is impossible.
she puts your beautiful soul & your delicate heart
through too much for even you to bear.
the heart breaks & heart aches
continue to repeat their cycle in your life;
& in the distance, i can still hear
the ever so faint sound of your heart's cries.
cries that are crying out for the warmth & love
that your battered heart so desperately needs & truly deserves.
cries that never had to be brought back into your world;
because once upon a time,
those same cries had been consoled by my presence.
so my thoughts have now been forced
to take me on trips to unwanted destinations;
trying to figure out the responses
to these unanswered questions that i have.
& in the end, the only thing that i can conclude
is that maybe hearts never do truly change;
because all along, with her is where your heart had,
& will forever remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment