6.10.2009

Through The Storm & Back Again

So I'm sitting on the floor, starring outside ..
It's raining cats & dogs.
naw wayyy bigger;
elephants & gorillas!
fck, I'm tripping hard.
But really though, the storm itself
in soooo many ways reminds me of you & I.
We've been through too many of storms just like this;
all the times when we abused & misused each other,
the lies & betrayal,
the heartaches & heartbreaks.
Sometimes the storm was just too much for us to bear
& we sought out shelter in the hearts of others.
But just like the storm I'm watching right now,
ours eventually let up & passed on through;
the rain began to lighten up,
thunder stopped pounding as hard,
& lightening no longer struck throughout the sky.
When we thought the storm would never let up
we kept hope & believed that the sun would come out;
& for that reason, I know our love can outlast this storm ..

No comments:

Post a Comment